THE HARRISON HERALD
HARRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S SPECIAL BACK - TO - SCHOOL EDITION
WELCOME BACK HAWKS!
A WELCOME LETTER FROM PRINCIPAL JESSICA GRANDT
I am so excited to welcome you to the start of the 2019 - 2020 school year! The new year brings with i t so many opportunities for your child to learn and grow in so many ways, and we are so thankful that you have chosen Harrison School to be a part of that important journey. We believe that education i s truly a partnership between home and school, and we can't wait to work with you to make this year awesome! It's a great year to have a great year here at Harrison Elementary School!
STUDENT DROP-OFF AND PICK UP INFO
Students can be dropped off each morning between 8:05 and 8:15 am. Please note there is no adult supervision prior to 8:05 am. So for your child's safety, please make sure s/he does not arrive on campus before this time.
The bell rings for dismissal at 3:08 pm, and all students should be picked up by 3:15 pm. Please note that a pre-arranged "pick -up person" must pick up our kindergarten and 1st grade students directly from their teacher each day.
Free universal breakfast will be offered to all students each day at 8 : 1 5 am in the classroom. In addition, lunch will be served at the following times in our multi- use room:
K/ 1 - 1 1: 00 am
2 / 3 - 1 1:30 am
>4 / 5 - 1 2: 00 pm
Family members are welcome to join their student for lunch as their schedules allow. Just sign in in the office and get a visitor sticker when you arrive. Breakfast and lunch menus can be found online at https:// www. janesville.k12.wi.us/departments/food- nutrition/menus
HARRY'S COLOR BLAST 2019
Our Harrison PTO will be sponsoring our first annual color run, and you won't want to miss it!
The event will be held on Thursday, September 26th from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. (Rain date will be October 3rd.) There will be music, food trucks, a 50 / 50 raffle, and of course a color run!
The color run is our only major fundraiser for the school year, so your
support of this event is really important ! All of the money raised goes right back to our school. So we hope you'll join us. More info will be coming home soon !
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- September 19th - Picture Day
- September 26th - Harry' s Color Run ( 5:00 - 7:00 pm)
- October 1st - Scoopie Night ( 4 - 8 pm at the Milton Ave. Culver' s)
- October 17th - Picture Retakes
- October 23rd and 24th - Parent/ Teacher Conferences
- October 24th and 25th - No School for Students
INTRODUCING THE AWESOME STAFF NEW TO HARRISON THIS YEAR!
Jennifer Demerath, Kindergarten Teacher
Jennifer Malterer, LMC Para
Andrea Schmaling, 1st Grade Teacher
Kayla Fasko, Special Education Teacher
Mitch Phillips, Physical Therapist
Jessica Wellnitz, Administrative Assistant
Ashley Fielhauer, 4th Grade Teacher
Morgan Reese, 5th Grade Teacher
Welcome to Harrison!
THE HARRISON HERALD
Volume 1 - Issue 2 - 2019 - 20
HARRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S SPECIAL FALL EDITION
HARRY'S COLOR BLAST A SUCCESS!
A THANK YOU FROM PRINCIPAL JESSICA GRANDT
I want to extend a; heartfelt thank you to all the friends and families of Harrison Elementary who helped make our first ever color run such a huge success! We far surpassed our goal and raised almost $ 13,000! That would not have been possible without you! And thanks to Sheri Krogman, who organized the event, and all of the parents and staff who volunteered the day of the color run. It was such a perfect night!
- Students need a medical excuse from a doctor to stay inside for recess or to sit out from P.E. class
- For safety reasons, parents and guardians cannot bring in food to share at lunch with anyone other than their own child
- Birthday invitations cannot be passed out at school unless the entire class is being invited to the party
- By Wisconsin State Statute, parents can only excuse their child for a total of 10 school days for the entire year! Absences after that are considered unexcused.
ARE YOU FOLLOWING HARRISON ON FACEBOOK?
If you haven't already started following Harrison on Facebook, you should! Not only do teachers post a lot of awesome pics of the things your child i s doing in class, but it's also a great way to stay connected with what' s coming up at school. Feel free to invite others to follow Harrison, too!
Just search " Harrison Elementary School, School District of Janesville" and you'll find us!
- October 17th - Picture Retake Day
- October 23rd - Normal School Day Parent/ Teacher Conferences, 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- Book Fair 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- October 24th - No School ( Students) Parent/ Teacher Conferences, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Book Fair, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- October 25th - No School ( Students and Staff)
- November 1st - Halloween Party 5:30 - 7:00 pm
HARRISON'S HALLOWEEN PARTY
The Harrison PTO will be sponsoring our annual Halloween Party, and you won't want to miss i t!
The event will be held on Thursday, November 1st from 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
There will be games for kids to play, face painting, and snacks. Please note there is no charge for this event.
A few things to keep in mind:
- All students must be accompanied by an adult to attend.
- Students and adults are invited to wear costumes to the event. - However, for safety reasons, masks and weapons are not allowed.