Things to Know about Harrison Elementary
- Harrison is a ‘pod’ school which is an open classroom concept as opposed to the traditional self-contained classrooms with the exception of kindergarten.
- Harrison concentrates on teaching strategies, lifelong learning, and citizenship to enhance students’ knowledge and experiences.
- Staff and students model the district’s core values: responsibility, honesty, caring, cooperation, and respect to promote citizenship and pride in their school.
- Harrison provides and maintains a safe, nurturing environment for students and staff.
- Harrison promotes high academic achievement and growth for all students and provides strategies, modifications, and adaptations to meet students’ diverse talents and abilities.
- Students engage in innovative and creative music, art, and physical education opportunities.
- Harrison integrates technology for student learning, teaching strategies, information, and communication for students and teachers.
- Harrison encourages parents and volunteers to strengthen academics by reading to students, tutoring students, and working collaboratively with the teachers to provide smaller learning groups.
- The PTO supports and encourages assemblies, guest speakers, field trips, and school initiatives and projects.
- Harrison’s remodeled and renovated facility expands our opportunities for meeting the 21st century expectations for schools